- Teen commits suicide after leaving posts on Social Media – Remembering Ashley Duncan and Activating our Village….
- How a teens Digital Footprint can keep them from college, scholarships, or other opportunities – 6-Practical tips to help teens use social media responsibly
- Suicide and Social Pressure from A Teen’s Perspective: Her message to Parents – ALL Parents should read this…..
- Tribute to Detroit Renaissance High School Student Billy Watts: Life and Death played out on Social Media
- New App Monitors Twitter Feeds for Suicide Warnings – Keeping children, teens, and families safe Online
Tag Archives: teens
Teen commits suicide after leaving posts on Social Media – Remembering Ashley Duncan and Activating our Village….
Ashley Duncan’s death occurred two-years ago, and it still touches my heart. The increase of teen suicides and the public way they detail their lives and ultimate death via social media, inspired me to share this story. My intention … Continue reading →
How a teens Digital Footprint can keep them from college, scholarships, or other opportunities – 6-Practical tips to help teens use social media responsibly
Recently I was casually searching the internet looking for college scholarships for my daughter. Interestingly, many of the applications asked that the students to hare their social media profiles. Of course the request was optional, however it brought my mind … Continue reading →
Online predators are using new tactics to target kids to “get in where they fit in” – Keeping Children Safe Online
Predators are no longer interested in a “one time sexual encounter,” with children, they are hoping for more and they are putting in the work. Many predators spend months and even years following a child online with the hopes … Continue reading →
Happy New Year! It’s a new year and that means we get a chance to “do a better job” at keeping children safe on the Internet. Keeping your children safe online means staying informed and getting involved. It can often … Continue reading →
Teens accused of making threats on Facebook plead guilty – Online Safety and Social Media Responsibility For Teens
Two Ohio teens were arrested by Butler County Sheriff’s detectives after a teacher alerted administrators to threatening posts made on Facebook. The New Miami High School students expressed a dislike of the school and mentioned something about shooting. The … Continue reading →